Coaching for a new career path
Know your talents:
- Personal and practical
- Program length of nine months
- Online coaching and advice
- Access to a job openings database
- Personal coaching
For employees who would like to do a career check and aim to make the most of themselves in a next step in their careers.
An intensive program of eight modules spread over nine months. You will work together with a team of experienced and committed professionals to take you to the next level of professional performance and help you achieve real results. The Talent Plaza program typically involves frequent e-mail contact and online coaching in between the official meeting throughout the whole program. This helps you cope with any obstacles you might encounter on the way and gives you the opportunity to discuss issues (e.g. your resumes) any time you like.
In this comprehensive, practical and inspiring program you work on answering the following questions:
- What are my strengths? A professional assessment of your personality and skills.
- What would I like to do? Determining which professional profile fits best to your personality, capabilities and skills.
- How can I achieve the next step? What can I do to get that dream job?
1. Personal intake
- Motivation for the next step in your career.
- What are your current strengths? Which personal assets should you acquire or improve?
- What is your cumulative knowledge and experience?
- What is your current position and where would you like to go?
- Which professional profiles suit you best?
2. TalentScan & Report
- Summarizing your career motivation.
- Summarizing your character traits.
- Establishing how you study most effectively.
- Skill analysis with professional actors.
- Report of strengths and weaknesses.
3. Workshop cover letter and resume
- I know what I want, but how do I “sell” myself?
- Collecting information about an interesting firm.
- How do I set up a strong and convincing cover letter?
- Creating and improving a specific and interesting resume.
4. Workshop job interviews
- Inspiring practice with a professional actor.
- Learning how to give a solid presentation of your cover letter and resume.
- Prepare by means of the STAR methodology.
- Learning how to write open and focused application letters.
- Learning about authenticity and how to display what you have to offer.
- Do’s and don’ts in interviews.
5. Workshop Social Media and Networks
- What will a potential employer see when he Googles your name?
- Using LinkedIN to apply for jobs and to present yourself.
- Pointers to improve your LinkedIN page.
- Registering with online job openings database, LinkedIN and career consultancies.
6. Individual Employability Check
- Access to an updated job openings database for a year.
- Job search using your personality profile, resume and interests.
- Advice and coaching with finding the right job openings.
7. Workshop Personal Branding
- Recognizing your talents and differentiating competencies.
- Creating a short clip with your personal elevator pitch.
- Learning how to stand out in presenting.
- Creating your personal webpage and LinkedIN profile.
8. Individual coach (job to job)
- Two sessions with a personal coach.
- Option of coaching via e-mail or telephone.
- Support in writing letters, etc.
Our approach is personal, committed and direct. We expect the participants to take an active part in the program to make it to a success. To ensure the best possible results we make use of practical assignments, personality questionnaires, simulations and coaching. We aim to create an atmosphere of trust and respect. We safeguard our understanding of our clients and their personal integrity.
Example program (you are the director)
Your Outplacement program might, for example, look like this:
- Intake session to discuss your wishes and opportunities.
- Learning how to part with your current job and having open thoughts about a new career path.
- Career path analysis based on the approved method by bureau Hoogendijk.
- Employability Check: talent scan and access to an online job openings database.
- Interview training: networking, presenting and using social media.
- Learning through workshops and individual coaching.
Letting go of your current career circle (if this applies to you). This process is often characterized by negative emotions and frustration related to your previous position that prevent you from being open to new chances. You should realize there are ways to let go of your old position without experiencing this frustration. Doing so will give you the necessary energy to search for something new. You can do this individually or along with others in similar situations. We are aware that every individual needs to go through this process in their own way, so we are flexible in letting you choose how much time and space you need to go through the process of letting go.
The career path analysis is a structured method to get you back on track. You will confront yourself with questions such as “who am I?”, “what do I want?”, “what do I have to offer?” . More specifically this analysis consists of seven in-depth discussions complete with guiding assignments. This forces you to keep evaluating and re-evaluating yourself, which is the main purpose of the program. At the end of the program you will draw up an action plan that clearly sets out the steps you need to take in order to achieve your objectives.
The Employability Check is an online assessment instrument that we use to give you the best individual career perspective we can. The Check helps you gain insight into your position and chances on the job market of your field. It gives an overview of your capabilities and opportunities with regard to a future career and new positions. The input required from you is your resume, a completed personality questionnaire and the career profile that you choose to select the right job openings for you. The Check also graphically presents your job search results and their respective match with your personality profile.
After every test, you will get a personal debriefing with a certified career consultant and a total of three consultations to set up your own career action plan. The Employability Check will help you in this with its analysis of your qualities, preferred career profile and answers to where you best chances lie.
The interview training consists of four days of intensive training about everything you need to know to be successful in finding a new job. The training sessions will be very practical in orientation, giving you a chance to gain new skills and polish them right away. Discussion topics include: using the media, networking, presentation skills (written and verbal), writing resumes and cover letters, effective negotiation skills, job search skills, personal branding, etc. An important element in these training sessions is the preparation of an elevator pitch, which will also be taped so you can see how you come across.
Ultimately we aim to offer all the help you may need in applying to new jobs. Sessions can be done in group settings or individually. The search involves effort from you, your fellow participants and your coach. The role of this coach is to indentify your distinctive qualities and teach you how to emphasize these in presenting yourself. Each participant who finds a new job is an incentive for others to put even more effort into the program.
Our approach is personal, committed and direct. We expect the participants to take an active part in the program to make it a success. To ensure the best possible results we make use of practical assignments, group settings, role playing games and individual coaching. We aim to create an atmosphere of trust and respect. We safeguard our understanding of our clients and their personal integrity.
All consultants with the Van Essen Group subscribe to the professional code as defined by Nederlands Instituut van Psychologen (NIP, Dutch Psychologists’ Institute) and/or the organization for career consultants (NOLOC). All advisors are also certified by Blik op Werk (UWV).
- You can enrol any time you want. We will discuss with you which training dates suit your schedule.
- An outplacement program takes nine months to complete.